DISCOVERY OF THE TAHOKA DAISY
"As early as 1898 Mrs. Jack Alley, wife of the foreman of Colonel C.C. Slaughter's Tahoka Lake Ranch, noticed a little wildflower, lavender blue with a yellow center, growing near the lake.
Then, twenty-five years later, Mrs. W.A. Myrick, Sr. of Lubbock became enraptured with the plant and called it the Tahoka Daisy. Through her promotion, Burpee's of Clinton, Iowa included the seed in its catalog.
Tahoka Rotary Club members, principally Alton Cain, carried sample packets to Rotary International conventions and distributed the seed to delegates
from every state in the Union and many foreign countries."
Above Experpt From:
"Grassroots Upside Down: A History of Lynn County"
by Frank P. Hill and Pat Hill Jacobs